Hi everyone. I have just launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in order to raise the fund for printing my first coffee table photo book titled 'Rendez-Vous'.
The book has a collection of 70 wildlife and underwater images from the countries across the continents where I have been traveling to in the past 7 years or so. There are rewards for the project supporters including the books themselves and photographic prints.
If you are interested in knowing more about my Kickstarter project, feel free to visit my project page from here.
If you are not familiar with how Kickstarter crowdfunding system works, please read on. I put together the outline.
1. The creator (in this case, me) sets the funding goal amount that covers the entire cost for fulfilling the project's aim. In my project's case, it is the total production cost for book printing and photographic prints as the rewards, which I will explain in the next paragraph, as well as their shipping fees and other fees.
2. The creator offers various rewards on the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page.
3. Individuals who visit the project page can make a pledge for the reward they like receive, at the same time, supporting the project financially. Each and every pledges made by the backers will add up towards fulfilling the target goal amount specified by the creator of the project. You will be able to see all the reward options on my project page.
4. Only if the total amount of the pledges reach the funding goal amount, the money will be transacted from backer's credit cards by the third party organisation associated with kickstarter, If the funding process ends unsuccessfully, your pledges will not be taken from your bank account.
5. If the funding is successful, the creator will receive the fund after the Kickstarter fee (5%) and transaction fee (3-5%) are deducted.
6. Upon receiving the fund, the creator can begin to do the work to fulfil the project's aim which is to send the rewards to the backers. In my case, I will be ordering the printed books and prints, sign and send them out to the backers. Logistics are set at the time of the launch of the project and all the service providers are lined up in order to be able to fulfil the rewards to the backers in promised time frame.
If you would like to know more about the Kickstarter crowdfunding, please visit Kickstarter website for more information
If you like my kickstarter project, please share with your friends and family to support. The funding period: 04/05/2016 to 15/06/2016.
Some of the pages from the book.